Wednesday, April 28, 2010

First Post - The Last Stand!

I will be making a study, for those people like me, who are unsure on the proper spelling and grammar in the English language! It is mostly a blog for myself and for my kids, but I decided to do my research this way, so that it may be of use to others too.

There should be no judgements made on one's intelligence, just because a person has many faults with spellings and grammar of their own language. I have two degrees and I have always struggled with essays and articles! Not the content, not the drafting and layout, not the flow or understandability. Just the final spelling and grammar!

So, by way of self-help, I am writing this blog.

I hope this blog will be informative, you never know what you will learn. Sometimes the obvious is elusive and we often worry needlessly about preparing and presenting our work, solely because we think or know that our grammar and spelling will make us look like an idiot.

So, here's my first rule for getting past the starting post!
If you just simply write without worrying about the grammar and spelling, you will get a better flow. Just write the article for yourself in the first instance. Imagine that it is, 'for your eyes only'.

The spelling is the easy part, as you can use a spell checker or a dictionary.
The grammar is a separate issue, I will put down my thoughts and observations in future posts!

Take this LAST STAND, against you fear of writing, and get past this first post.
AndyGold.
http://languages-andygold.blogspot.com/

TAGS:  English, Grammar,Writing,
That's h.t.t.p.:,/,/,languages, hyphen, a n d y g o l d , dot, b l o g s p o t, dot com.

No comments:

Post a Comment